Lets talk about ability to predict some situation. In my opinion it is very impotent feature of experienced programmer. I want to describe real world episode from my life.
I got the task to implement the monitoring system. This system must to monitor some resources like database tables, web services, web pages and etc. But I got task only for database tables and it was impossible to predict future resources. But from my experience I got feeling that it will be some growing. And despite of pressure from my manager I was implementing system taking in mind future growing of requirements and therefore system. So I implement system using principle “Program from Interface”. And afterword It helped us to reduce amount of code and therefore time for implementation. So following three subsystems like web services, web pages and flash I implemented using Interfaces from first system.
Summarize.
Try to predict future growing of system. Program from interface not from implementation.
No comments:
Post a Comment